Customer Service One Stop Shop

Closed until further notice, including Cashier Window
No Drop-offs accepted

Water Service Turnoffs Resumed

Act Now!


Financial Assistance for our neighborsSupporting our neighbors when they need help the most

WSSC Water is committed to making your water and sewer bills more affordable. We’ve enhanced our programs and pay plans to provide financial assistance to more customers. Eligible residential and commercial customers may request a pay plan.

Below are links to local and County resources offering assistance: 

Montgomery County

Municipality Phone Number Agency Administering Emergency Financial Assistance
City of Takoma Park 301-891-7222 Housing and Community Development
City of Rockville 240-777-4550 Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services

The Maryland Homeowner Assistance Fund: Homeowners who are struggling to keep up with their mortgage payments or other housing costs due to COVID-19 related financial hardships should know that assistance is available. The Maryland Department of Housing & Community Development launched The Maryland Homeowner Assistance Fund in late 2021 to assist homeowners statewide. To learn more, please visit: To be connected to housing counseling and legal services, please call 1-877-462-7555.

Prince George's County Homeownership Preservation Program: launched in late 2021 and is available to provide up to $30,000 to homeowners for health, safety, energy efficiency, and accessibility repairs in qualified, owner-occupied homes. Households under 50% of the area median income (AMI) can receive up to $50,000 in services. There are income, location, and eligibility requirements. The Prince George’s County Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) has partnered with Habitat for Humanity of Metro Maryland to implement this program in the County’s qualified census tract areas with special emphasis on homes within one mile of a future Purple Line transit stop.

Prince George’s County Homeownership Preservation Program (PG HOPP):

Other Local Resources

Download our bi-lingual Financial Assistance information sheet.

financial assistance - WSSC Water - english
financial assistance - spanish WSSC Water

We help our neighbors in need in the following ways:

Flexible payment options

WSSC Water offers extended due dates and convenient payment plans for residential and commercial customers. Get the details on the Flexible Payment Plans page.

Tenant-occupied properties require the owner's written authorization to establish a pay plan, which requires completion of the Owner Authorization Form below.

Owner Authorization Form  |  Owner Authorization Form (Español)

Customer Assistance Program (CAP)

CAP provides a credit of up to $112 per year for WSSC Water's fixed fees on water and sewer bills. Late fees are permanently waived for CAP customers. To apply online for CAP, please visit the Office of Home Energy Programs (OHEP) website or call 800-332-6347.  You also may contact your local OHEP offices:

Montgomery County Department of Health & Human Services

Prince George’s County Department of Social Services

Find out if you qualify on our  Customer Assistance Program page. To check the status of your OHEP application, please visit

Bay Restoration Fund exemption

This exemption waives the state-mandated Bay Restoration Fund fee of up to $60 per year. Customers enrolled in CAP are automatically enrolled in this program. To apply online for the Bay Restoration Fund Exemption, go to For more information, see the Bay Restoration Fund page.

The Water Fund

The Water Fund was established by WSSC Water employees in 1994. Funded by donations from WSSC Water customers, employees and community partners, customers can make multiple requests for assistance with water and sewer bills, up to $500 per year. For more information, see the Water Fund assistance page.

To apply, call The Salvation Army office in the county where you live or go to for more information.

Montgomery County Salvation Army: 301-515-5354
Prince George’s County Salvation Army: 301-277-6103

What will I need to confirm eligibility?

All programs require that you be a WSSC Water customer receiving a bill in your name. You will need to present picture identification and proof that your income falls within an established threshold. Because different agencies administer them, each assistance program may have separate applications and eligibility requirements.

Bill adjustments

If you receive a higher than normal bill, you may be eligible for a billing adjustment:

  • Bill adjustments are available to residential customers once every three years under certain circumstances.
  • Commercial accounts may be eligible for a one-time high bill adjustment.
  • Leaks: Leaks result in higher water bills that can cause financial strain. See our Household Leak Detection page for details.
  • CAP-approved customers: CAP-approved customers may be eligible to receive a high bill adjustment removing 100% of the excess water and sewer usage for one billing cycle in any three-year period. See more about CAP below. See our Customer Assistance Program page for more information.
  • Other high bill causes: Other adjustments for unexpectedly high bills may be available, including for medical reasons.

More information is available on the Bill Adjustment Request page.

Need help now?

Get started by calling 301-206-4001. Our Customer Service Advisors will help you determine the best programs for your situation. We are experiencing longer than usual wait times. We greatly appreciate your patience.

PipeER Water Service Line Emergency Replacement Loan Program

Do you have a leak on your residential water service line? Does that water service line need to be replaced? If so, WSSC Water is here to help with the Water Service Line Emergency Replacement Loan Program. 

PipeER provides a loan to finance the replacement of a leaking residential water service line. Qualified customers are eligible to receive a loan up to $5,000. For more information and to begin your application process, contact WSSC FCU at 240.459.8022 or online at

More information on PipeER

How do I register for these programs?

Call 301-206-4001 and our Customer Service Advisors will help you determine the programs that are best suited for you. 

water fund - sharing the essential logo

Make a direct contribution to the WSSC Water Fund via PayPal. 100% of your donation goes directly to the Water Fund.

Donate to the Water Fund!

Last Modified: January 20, 2022, 6:28 pm EST