Need help paying your water/sewer bill? The Water Fund was established in 1994 by WSSC Water employees to help residential customers in financial need pay their WSSC Water bill. Eligible customers can access the Water Fund multiple times, up to $500 per year. The program is administered by The Salvation Army and funded by generous donations from WSSC Water customers, employees and community partners.
Eligibility and Qualifications
As the administrator of The Water Fund, The Salvation Army is responsible for determining whether applicants qualify for assistance. Eligible customers may receive access to Water Fund multiple times, up to $500 annually, to assist with their water/sewer bill. When The Salvation Army offices have reached appointment capacity for the month, the next available appointment is always the 1st Monday in the following month.
To apply, call The Salvation Army office in the county where you live or go to https://salvationarmynca.org/gethelp/ for more information:
Prince George's County
The Salvation Army
The Salvation Army
The Water Fund eligibility criteria is primarily based on household income and size. Listed below are the documents needed to apply for emergency financial assistance from The Salvation Army:
- Copy of your past due WSSC Water water/sewer bill in your name
- Driver’s license, Maryland ID or passport for each adult living in the household;
- Proof of all household income and cash benefits (eligibility for the Water Fund is outlined below);
- First page of lease, mortgage statement or Housing Choice (HOC) voucher;
- If your household receives SNAP (food stamps), a copy of your award letter or card; and
- Birth certificates for children living in the household.
|2023 ELIGIBILITY GUIDELINES
Effective July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023
Based on 200% of the federal eligibility guidelines
|Household Size||Household Annual Gross Income|
|For families/households with more than 8 persons, add $9,440 for each additional person.|