Drinking Water Week/Water Fund
April 19- May 9, 2021
To benefit the WSSC Water Fund and in celebration of national Drinking Water Week, you can win a $100 gift card from your favorite local restaurants like Henry’s Soul Café, Cielo Rojo, Founding Farmers and Franklins Brewery. In collaboration with The Salvation Army, the Water Fund helps residential WSSC Water customers in financial need pay their water/sewer bills.
Click here to enter your name to win a $100 gift card at https://www.realfundc.com/waterfund. Donations to the Water Fund can be made above using the blue button - Donate today!.
The event promotion video can be viewed below.
Need help paying your water/sewer bill? The Water Fund was established in 1994 by WSSC Water employees to help residential customers in financial need pay their WSSC Water bill. Eligible customers can access the Water Fund multiple times, up to $500 per year. The program is administered by The Salvation Army and funded by generous donations from WSSC Water customers, employees and community partners.
Eligibility and Qualifications
As the administrator of The WSSC Water Fund, The Salvation Army is responsible for determining whether applicants qualify for assistance. Eligible customers may receive access to Water Fund multiple times, up to $500 annually, to assist with their water/sewer bill. To apply, call The Salvation Army office in the county where you live or go to https://salvationarmynca.org/gethelp/ for more information:
Prince George's County
The Salvation Army
The Salvation Army
The Water Fund eligibility criteria is primarily based on household income and size. Listed below are the documents needed to apply for emergency financial assistance from The Salvation Army:
- Copy of your past due WSSC Water water/sewer bill in your name
- Driver’s license, Maryland ID or passport for each adult living in the household;
- Proof of all household income and cash benefits (eligibility for the Water Fund is outlined below);
- First page of lease, mortgage statement or Housing Choice (HOC) voucher;
- If your household receives SNAP (food stamps), a copy of your award letter or card; and
- Birth certificates for children living in the household.
|2021 ELIGIBILITY GUIDELINES FOR THE 48 CONTIGUOUS STATES
AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
– based on 200 PERCENT of the federal poverty guidelines
|Household Size||Household Annual Gross Income|
|For families/households with more than 8 persons,
add $8,960 for each additional person.