Laurel, Md. – September 6, 2023 – In partnership with Promise, WSSC Water announced the launch of PromisePay today. This new financial assistance program allows residential and commercial customers with past-due bills to establish affordable, flexible and interest-free payment plans.
Who is eligible?
- All residential and commercial customers with a past-due balance of $50 or more.
What are the benefits?
- By establishing a payment plan for past-due water and sewer bills and staying current with the plan, customers will avoid late fees and possible water service turnoffs.
“Coming off the heels of our successful temporary water bill assistance program, Get Current, we are pleased to provide our income-constrained customers with another financial assistance program,” said WSSC Water General Manager and CEO Kishia L. Powell. “PromisePay is another tool in our financial assistance toolbox to keep customer accounts current and ensure our safe, clean water continues to flow to customers’ taps.”
Customers can sign up for a payment plan starting today! Both property owners and tenants are eligible to use the bilingual PromisePay Portal, which allows customers to:
- Sign up online or over the phone by calling 301-900-5551.
- Conveniently pay using credit or debit card, ACH, Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- Receive text reminders and notifications.
- Manage payments, request allowable extensions, modify due dates and change payment methods.
“WSSC Water has an impressive track record of demonstrating their commitment to water equity and affordability. As families continue to struggle with rising costs in today’s environment, Promise is thrilled to partner with WSSC Water to provide no-fee PromisePay plans that will offer the flexibility and convenience many residents and businesses need to catch up on their water bills,” stated Phaedra Ellis-Lamkins, CEO of Promise.
Promise has partnered with utilities in cities nationwide, including Baltimore, Maryland; Richmond, Virginia; Newark, New Jersey; Louisville, Kentucky and Cincinnati, Ohio, to offer payment plans.
PromisePay is available for both residential and commercial customers. WSSC Water offers additional financial assistance programs specifically designed for residential customers. Learn more about these programs at: www.wsscwater.com/assistance.