What is a sewer emergency?
- A backed up basement or lowest level of the home taking in sewage without using water in the home.
- A WSSC manhole or clean out at the property line that is overflowing onto the ground.
- A surcharged sewer main (such as one caused by heavy rain) causing a sewer back up in homes
What is a water emergency?
- A broken water main in the street which causes flooding/collapsing of the roadway or icy conditions in the winter.
- A service leak outside of the home in the yard area causing flooding conditions and/or hazardous conditions such as collapse of yard or sidewalk areas, icy conditions in the winter.
- A broken pipe inside the home causing flooding conditions and the inside valve is inoperable. A registered WSSC plumber or a WSSC technician can make a turn off at the street.
Need a fast response to an issue? Have a compliment or complaint to share?
Use this tool to send your complaint, issue or compliment, and receive acknowledgment and notifications. We are here to serve you!
Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission
Other Important Phone Numbers:
Main Switchboard: 301-206-8000
Main Customer Relations: 301-206-4001
Water and Sewer Bills: 301-206-4001
Property Assessments: 301-206-8032
Water and Sewer Service: 301-206-4003
New Meter Installation: 301-206-4265
Fire Hydrant Meter Leasing: 301-206-4264
All Above Services 800-634-8400 (Toll-Free) 301-206-8345 (TTY)
14501 Sweitzer Lane
Laurel, Maryland 20707
Building Hours of Operation:
7:30 a.m to 5:00 p.m.
Contact Center Hours
Customer Service Agent
Hours by Phone
Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.