What is a sewer emergency?
- A backed up basement or lowest level of the home taking in sewage without using water in the home.
- A WSSC Water manhole or clean out at the property line that is overflowing onto the ground.
- A surcharged sewer main (such as one caused by heavy rain) causing a sewer back up in homes
What is a water emergency?
- A broken water main in the street which causes flooding/collapsing of the roadway or icy conditions in the winter.
- A service leak outside of the home in the yard area causing flooding conditions and/or hazardous conditions such as collapse of yard or sidewalk areas, icy conditions in the winter.
- A broken pipe inside the home causing flooding conditions and the inside valve is inoperable. A registered WSSC Water plumber or a WSSC Water technician can make a turn off at the street.
Need a fast response to an issue? Have a compliment or complaint to share?
Use this tool to send your complaint, issue or compliment, and receive acknowledgment and notifications. We are here to serve you!
Other Important Phone Numbers:
Main Switchboard: 301-206-8000
Customer Service: 301-206-4001
Property Assessments: 301-206-8032
Water and Sewer Service: 301-206-4003
New Meter Installation: 301-206-4265
Fire Hydrant Meter Leasing: 301-206-4264
All Above Services 800-634-8400 (Toll-Free) 301-206-8345 (TTY)
14501 Sweitzer Lane
Laurel, Maryland 20707
Building Hours of Operation:
7:30 a.m to 5:00 p.m.
Contact Center Hours
Customer Service Advisors
Hours by Phone
Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.