Laurel, MD - March 29, 2023: On Wednesday, March 29, 2023, all Regulatory Services Division employees will be unavailable. Our staff will be attending code training in preparation for the new 2021 WSSC Plumbing and Fuel Gas Code (effective April 1, 2023).
What You Can Expect:
Plumbing and Gasfitting Inspection Services
- No inspections will occur on March 29, 2023 (see below for emergency inspection requests)
- ePermitting, including the Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS) will not accept inspection requests for March 29, 2023
- Inspection Services Agents will not be available by phone or email on March 29, 2023
- Calls to (301) 206-4004 will receive messaging advising of the closure with the advisement to call again on the next business day
- Plumbing Inspectors will not be available by phone or email on March 29, 2023
Other unavailable Regulatory Services sections:
- Cross-Connection Control Program
- Plumbing-Mechanical Engineering Review
- Fats, Oils, Grease (FOG)
- Industrial Discharge Control
Emergency Inspection Requests:
- In the event an emergency inspection is needed, please contact the applicable Plumbing Inspector Supervisor as listed here
- Examples of emergency inspections are – gas repairs in multi-family complexes where residents are without heat, hot water, or cooking facilities, water service repairs during freezing weather, repairs to water/sewer piping in trenches or areas where job site conditions pose a threat to public safety.
WSSC Water appreciates your patience and remember the 2021 WSSC Plumbing and Fuel Gas Code will become effective April 1, 2023 and is available on our WSSC Water website by visiting https://www.wsscwater.com/codebooks.
At WSSC Water, we value our partnership and if there is anything that we can do or handle differently, please let us know. We Are Here to Help!
For all current Regulatory Services Plumbing Inspection Staff contact information, please click here.