Laurel, Md. – September 21, 2022 – Due to technical difficulties the WSSC Water monthly Commission meeting scheduled for today, Wednesday, September 21, at 10 a.m. has been postponed until 11:00 a.m. The virtual meeting is open to the public via livestream from WSSC Water’s website.
This month’s agenda includes a vote by Commissioners to transmit the proposed six-year (Fiscal Years 2024-2029) Capital Improvements Program (CIP) to Montgomery and Prince George’s counties. The proposed $4.5 billion program focuses on upgrading and replacing WSSC Water’s aging infrastructure to continue delivering clean, safe and reliable drinking water to 1.9 million customers in Montgomery and Prince George’s counties.
Highlights in the proposed six-year CIP include:
- Water Main System Reconstruction Programs - $1.6 billion
- Sewer Main System Reconstruction Programs - $700 million
- Potomac Water Filtration Plant Upgrades - $242.6 million
- Piscataway Bioenergy Project - $36.6 million
- Laboratory Expansion Project - $15.5 million
The monthly meeting includes a call-in option to ensure interested stakeholders can provide input. Those wishing to speak should call in at the beginning of the Comments section, which is expected shortly after 11 a.m. Callers will be admitted from the “lobby” when public comments start.
Public Viewing / Participation Details
Watch: Virtual meeting broadcast link
Call-in number to provide comment: 240-800-7929
Conference ID: 419 946 071#
Please note the following:
- The virtual meeting link is not active until the meeting starts.
- If stakeholders only want to watch the meeting, they do not need the call-in number.
- Those wishing to speak should call in at the beginning of the Comments section and will be admitted from the “lobby” when public comments start.
- When calling in to speak, turn down your computer’s volume to avoid audio issues.
- Members of the public will have three minutes to speak.
As part of WSSC Water’s commitment to public engagement and transparency, the live broadcast of this meeting allows viewers to observe agency business, including the review of contracts and policies and a monthly synopsis of WSSC Water’s operations. You’ll find the complete agenda on the WSSC Water website.
WSSC Water is the proud provider of safe, seamless and satisfying water services, making the essential possible every day for our neighbors in Montgomery and Prince George’s counties. We work to deliver our best because it’s what our customers expect and deserve.