Attention Customers

New rates effective 7.1.24   Estimate your next water bill

Estimated Bill?

Send us your meter reading

Water Service Turned Off?

Find out how to get your water turned back on.


Resolving problems with your bill

If you question the amount of your water/sewer bill, be assured that we are here to help. If you disagree with your bill:

1. Contact our Customer Service Center at 301-206-4001 (toll free 1-800-634-8400) or email us at

2. Our staff will review your bill and billing history, including your Average Daily Consumption. Be aware that if your bill was higher than usual, it could be the result of household plumbing leaks (see Household Leak Detection) or excessive water usage (see Water Usage).

  1. Keep in mind that the property owner is responsible for maintaining all plumbing on private property, and for paying for water that registers on the meter - even water that is lost due to a leak(s).
  2. Under certain criteria, you may qualify for a reduction in charges in accordance with WSSC Water’s adjustment Code of Regulations, Chapter 3.20.
  3. If you received a high bill and believe you qualify for an adjustment as indicated in the Code of Regulations, see the Bill Adjustment Request page

3. If you still are not satisfied, you can dispute your bill using one of these methods:

  1. A Dispute Resolving Board review is a courtesy process allowing customers to dispute their unpaid charges. See Request a Dispute Resolving Board review for details.
  2. A Refund Hearing, by law, is exclusively for disputing paid charges. See Requesting a Refund Hearing for more information.
Last Modified: October 12, 2021, 9:02 am EDT