Start/Stop Service

For your convenience, WSSC provides a Settlement or Moving Form with helpful information on locating your water meter to obtain an inside meter reading when you move in or out of a property in our service area.   For safety reasons, WSSC customers are not authorized to read outside meter.  If the property is served by an outside water meter, once we have received your completed form, we will schedule a meter reading as close as possible to the settlement or moving date.
WSSC does not discontinue water service between occupants. Submitting this form does not indicate to WSSC that you wish to have the water service stopped.
Typically, WSSC bills residential accounts quarterly, approximately every 90 days. Depending on the date you moved into the property as well as our meter reading schedule, your first bill may contain charges for only a portion of the initial three-month period you occupied the premises. Thereafter, bills will be mailed quarterly.
Please complete the Settlement or Moving Form and either print and submit via facsimile to 301-206-8099 or save the completed form and submit via to  
If you have any questions or require assistance with the Settlement or Moving Form, please call us at 301-206-4001, 1-800-634-8400, or TTY 301-206-8345, 7:30 am to 7:00 pm, weekdays. 
In-State Customers: (800) 634-8400 or (301) 206-4001
Out-of-State Customers: (800) 828-6439

Last Modified: