Attention Customers

New rates effective 7.1.24   Estimate your next water bill

Estimated Bill?

Send us your meter reading

Water Service Turned Off?

Find out how to get your water turned back on.


You want to connect to WSSC Water? We'd love to hook you up; there are a few things to know and to check first.

To ensure that your property is eligible for water and/or sewer services, please review the information on this page. If you have any questions about connecting to our service, you can call us at 301-206-4003, email us at or visit us in the lobby level of WSSC Water offices at 14501 Sweitzer Lane, Laurel, MD 20707.

To determine if your property can connect to WSSC Water, answer the following questions:

Is service available?

The availability of water and/or sewer services to a new or existing home depends on several factors. Water and/or sewer pipes in the street in front of a property, or nearby, do not always mean that service can be provided. To determine if water and/or sewer services are available, answer the following questions:


  • Are "community-size" water and sewer mains located in the street in front of the property? Community-size means water mains smaller than 24 inches and sewer lines smaller than 18 inches. This information can be obtained by contacting Permit Services at (301) 206-4003 or 1-800-828-6439.


  • Are the water and sewer mains sufficient in size and capacity to serve the property? Sometimes the available water or sewer system must be enhanced before additional service can be provided. (Again, this information can be obtained by contacting Permit Services at (301) 206-4003 or 1-800-828-6439, or by contacting the Department of Permitting at Prince George's and Montgomery Counties).


  • Is the property located in an area approved for immediate service by the county in its adopted “Comprehensive Ten Year Water and Sewer Plan?” From time-to-time, community-size mains are physically available to properties that are in areas not approved for service in the county’s plan.

Generally, answering "yes" to all of these questions is a good indication that WSSC Water can provide service to a new or existing home. A "no" means WSSC Water cannot provide service immediately but, under some circumstances, might be able to provide future service.

If you determine that there are no water and/or sewer lines bordering your property, please contact the Development Services Division.

Where to ask?

You can obtain information about service availability by calling our One-Stop-Shop at 301-206-4003, emailing us at or visiting us in the lobby level of WSSC Water offices at 14501 Sweitzer Lane, Laurel, MD 20707. We're open Monday-to-Friday (except for holidays) from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Information you will need:

  • The property’s legal address (assigned by the Maryland National Capital Park and Planning Commission, or authorized municipal agency)
  • The property's legal description: lot, block, and subdivision, or tax map and parcel number, county, election district and property tax account number
  • The approximate location of the existing or proposed building on the property
  • The type and number of plumbing fixtures in the building to be served, and
  • Fire sprinkler requirements

How much does New Service Cost?

Please review the following for information on the costs involved:

System Development Charges: What are they?

WSSC Water levies system development charges on new development that connects to the water and sewer system, to pay for the construction of major water and sewer facilities needed to accommodate growth. Charges are based on the number of fixtures, such as sinks, toilets, bathtubs, etc., in a property.

For a guide to Service Connection forms and other forms you will need to connect to WSSC Water, please see the Service Connections page.

Last Modified: July 26, 2023, 4:19 pm EDT