Problems with Your Bill

We are here to help resolve your billing issues. If you disagree with your water and/or sewer bill

Please follow the steps below in order.

  1. Please contact us at 301-206-4001, toll free 1-800-634-8400, or
  2. A Customer Care agent will review your bill and billing history including your ADC. Please be aware that higher than normal bills are often the result of excessive water usage (see Water Usage Charts) and/or household leaks (see Household Leaks)
  3. If a reading is determined to be correct, most likely it is due to a leak – you may possibly qualify for a reduction of charges, but you must speak with an agent.
    1. If you are still not satisfied with the outcome, then you may dispute your bill. There are two methods to further appeal your bill.
      1. A Dispute Resolving Board review is a courtesy process allowing customers to dispute their unpaid charges (Dispute Resolution)    
      2. A Refund Hearing, by law, is exclusively for disputing paid charges (Requesting a Refund Hearing).
Last Modified: