Zinc-Coated Ductile Iron Pipe
- It’s ductile iron pipe sprayed with a zinc coating.
- The zinc serves as corrosion control.
- The zinc is consumed in place of the iron.
- Life expectancy: At least 100 years compared to 50-75 years for traditional ductile iron.
- Cost: Overall construction cost is the same compared to putting traditional ductile iron pipe in the ground.
- V-Bio Enhanced Polyethylene Encasement: Think of it as if you’re wrapping the pipe in a bag, providing an extra layer of corrosion protection.