20 n   I’M TURNING 65 THIS YEAR, HOW DOES MEDICARE WORK WITH MY INSURANCE? You must enroll in Medicare Parts A & B when eligible. WSSC’s insurance carriers will coordinate your benefits with Medicare once HR receives a copy of your Medicare ID card. If you are enrolled in Kaiser, you will transition to the Kaiser Medicare Plus Plan. If you are enrolled in UnitedHealthcare, you will transition from the UnitedHealthcare EPO or POS plan to the UnitedHealthcare Medicare Supplement plan. Medicare will cover approximately 80% of your medical expenses and your WSSC plan will cover the remaining 20%. You may still have a copay depending on which plan you select. n  WHAT IF I’M NOT 65, BUT HAVE MEDICARE PARTS A & B DUE TO A DISABILITY? You must submit a copy of your Medicare ID card to the WSSC HR department so that WSSC’s insurance carriers can coordinate your benefits with Medicare. Medicare will cover approximately 80% of your medical expenses and your WSSC plan will cover the remaining 20%. You may still have a copay depending on which plan you select. n  WHAT HAPPENS TO MY PRESCRIPTION COVERAGE WHEN I AM ELIGIBLE FOR MEDICARE PARTS A & B? If you are enrolled in Kaiser, you will transition to the Kaiser Medicare Plus Plan and your prescription benefit will continue to be administered by Kaiser. You may refer to the chart on page 21 for the copays for Kaiser Medicare Plus members. If you are enrolled in UnitedHealthcare, you will transition from the UnitedHealthcare EPO or POS plan to the UnitedHealthcare Medicare Supplement plan. Currently, CVS/caremark administers the prescription benefits for all non-Medicare-eligible UnitedHealthcare members. Members who are enrolled in United- Healthcare and become Medicare-eligible will transition from CVS/caremark to SilverScript. Please refer to pages 22–23 for more information about the SilverScript PDP and page 11 for the copays. n  IF MEDICARE DOES NOT PAY A MEDICAL BILL BECAUSE A SERVICE IS NOT COVERED, WILL MY SUPPLEMENTAL PLAN PAY THE BILL? No. Your doctor must accept Medicare in order for your WSSC plan to pay up to the 20%. This is the same for medical services; they must be Medicare approved for your WSSC coverage to pay their portion of the bill. Make sure to check with your physician, or visit www.medicare.gov or call 1-800-MEDICARE before you have any tests surgeries, etc. to make sure it is covered by Medicare. n  WHAT IF MY SPOUSE TURNS 65 BEFORE ME or I TURN 65 BEFORE MY SPOUSE? When one member is enrolling in Medicare, your WSSC insurance enrollment is modified from a “two- person” or “family” plan to a “split plan.” The Medicare-eligible enrollee will have the Medicare Supplement Plan, while the other member who is not eligible for Medicare will continue with their current plan. You will see separate deductions for these plans on your pension check. n  WHAT HAPPENS TO MY MONTHLY BENEFIT DEDUCTION? Once the Benefits Team has a copy of your Medicare ID card to verify you have successfully enrolled in Medicare Parts A & B, your monthly deductions will be updated. Each carrier has different premiums for their Medicare Supplement plan. Please refer to the rates on page 5 of this booklet. n  WHAT IF I HAVE QUESTIONS OR NEED ADDITIONAL FORMS? You may contact the Open Enrollment phone line at 301-206-7034 or email openenrollment@ wsscwater.com. Please leave your full name, I.D. number, home address and phone number. Medicare Frequently Asked Questions