25 n  WHAT IS A FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT? A Flexible Spending Account (FSA) allows employees to pay for eligible medical and/or dependent (i.e. daycare) care expenses on a pre-tax basis, saving you money on your income taxes. n  HOW MUCH MONEY CAN I PUT IN MY FSA ACCOUNT? The maximum annual contribution for the Medical FSA account in 2018 is $2,600; the minimum annual contribution is $100. The maximum annual contribution for the Dependent Care FSA account in 2018 is $5,000 (per household); the minimum annual contribution is $100. n  HOW DO I GET REIMBURSED FOR ELIGIBLE EXPENSES? Eligible expenses through the Medical FSA can be paid with the debit card provided by Benefit Strategies, or by submitting your receipt(s) with a signed Healthcare Reimbursement Form. Auto-validation is also available (participation in WSSC insurance program required and not applicable to Kaiser Participants). Eligible expenses through the Dependent Care FSA are reimbursed through a Dependent Care Reimbursement Form. You can mail, fax, or submit your signed Dependent Care claim form online along with your receipt(s) to Benefit Strategies. Payments are issued three times per week and you can elect to have a check mailed to your home or directly deposited into your personal bank account. All reimbursement forms can be found on the WSSC Intranet and the Benefit Strategies web sites. n  WHAT IS AUTO-VALIDATION? Your insurance carrier will send Benefit Strategies your visit or service information to validate your FSA debit card transactions. This will reduce the number of times Benefit Strategies requests receipts from you to prove you used your card correctly. Please remember that the auto-validation process applies only to services that are first sent to your insurance carrier. n  CAN I CHANGE THE AMOUNT I CHOOSE TO CONTRIBUTE TO MY FSA? Your annual goal amount can only be changed within 30 days of a qualifying life event or family status change such as but not limited to marriage, divorce, birth or adoption, termination of employment, death, change in working hours, or other qualifying event. n  WHAT HAPPENS IF I HAVE EXCESS MONEY LEFT IN MY ACCOUNT FOR 2017 AT THE END OF THE YEAR? You have until April 15, 2018 to submit claims for reimbursement with dates of service from January 1, 2017 through December 31, 2017. If you have a balance remaining in your FSA account on December 31, 2017, you may submit qualified receipts for dates of service from January 1, 2018 to March 15, 2018 which would be applied to your balance of 2017 (this helps you in reducing any remaining funds). IRS regulations require that any funds left in your account after that date be forfeited. n  IF I ENROLL IN FSA FOR 2018, CAN I GET REIMBURSED FOR EXPENSES THAT I INCURRED IN 2017? No, this is referred to as a split payment and would be denied. You cannot get reimbursed for expenses that you incurred in a previous plan year, with the exception of the grace period provisions outlined above. n  HOW DO I ENROLL? Enrollment is done in One-Source, the new online enrollment website, during the Open Enrollment Period. If you have FSA in 2017 and want it to continue in 2018, YOU MUST re-enroll online to participate in 2018. Your current enrollment will not carry over to 2018. For more information on FSAs, view the plan brochure or contact Benefit Strategies and speak with a FSA specialist. Flexible Spending Accounts