WSSC Water’s Monthly Commission Meeting Rescheduled Due to Presidential Inauguration
Meeting Scheduled for Wednesday, January 27
OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Laurel, Md. – January 19, 2021 – WSSC Water’s January Commission meeting has been rescheduled due to the presidential inauguration for the following Wednesday, January 27, at 10 a.m. Typically, Commission meetings occur the third Wednesday of every month. The virtual meeting is open to the public via livestream from WSSC Water’s website.
This month’s agenda includes the review of, and scheduled vote on, more than $26 million in water and sewer main project contracts throughout WSSC Water’s service area. The investment in water infrastructure helps protect public health, while creating jobs and fostering economic growth throughout Montgomery and Prince George’s counties.
- Water main replacement projects
- Engineering and design projects
Similar to previous Commission meetings, there will be a call-in option to ensure interested stakeholders are able to provide input during the meeting. The public comment period is scheduled to start shortly after 10 a.m.
Public Viewing / Participation Details
Call-in number to provide comment: +1 240-800-7929 Conference ID: 809 221 453#
Please note the following:
- No video will play via the virtual meeting link until the meeting starts.
- If stakeholders only want to watch the meeting, the call-in number is not needed.
- The public comment period will start shortly after 10 a.m.
- Those wanting to speak should watch the meeting via the link above to know when it’s time to call.
- Please do not call in before the public comment period starts.
- When calling in to speak, please turn down the computer sound to avoid audio issues.
- Members of the public will have three minutes to speak.
As part of WSSC Water’s commitment to public engagement and transparency, the live broadcast of this meeting allows viewers to observe agency business, including the review of contracts and policies, and a monthly synopsis of WSSC Water’s operations. The complete agenda, with links to all presentations, can be found on WSSC Water’s website.
WSSC Water is the proud provider of safe, seamless and satisfying water services, making the essential possible every day for our neighbors in Montgomery and Prince George’s counties. We work to deliver our best because it’s what our customers expect and deserve.