WSSC Water to Hold Monthly Commission Meeting Wednesday, January 27
Public Invited to Livestream Meeting
OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Laurel, Md. – January 26, 2021 – WSSC Water Commissioners are holding their monthly meeting on Wednesday, January 27, at 10 a.m. The virtual meeting is open to the public via livestream from WSSC Water’s website.
This month’s agenda includes the review of, and scheduled vote on, more than $26 million in contracts for water and sewer main projects throughout WSSC Water’s service area. Investing in water infrastructure helps protect public health while creating jobs and fostering economic growth throughout Montgomery and Prince George’s counties.
- Water main replacement projects
- Engineering and design projects
As with previous virtual Commissioners meetings, there will be a call-in option to ensure interested stakeholders can provide input during the meeting. The public comment period starts shortly after 10 a.m.
Public Viewing / Participation Details
Watch: Virtual meeting broadcast link
Call-in number to provide comment: +1 240-800-7929 Conference ID: 809 221 453#
Please note the following:
- The virtual meeting link is not active until the meeting starts.
- If stakeholders only want to watch the meeting, the call-in number is not needed.
- The public comment period starts shortly after 10 a.m.
- Those wanting to speak should watch the meeting via the link above to know when it’s time to call.
- Please do not call in before the public comment period starts.
- When calling in to speak, turn down the computer sound to avoid audio issues.
- Members of the public will have three minutes to speak.
As part of WSSC Water’s commitment to public engagement and transparency, the live broadcast of this meeting allows viewers to observe agency business, including the review of contracts and policies, and a monthly synopsis of WSSC Water’s operations. The complete agenda, with links to all presentations, can be found on WSSC Water’s website.
WSSC Water is the proud provider of safe, seamless and satisfying water services, making the essential possible every day for our neighbors in Montgomery and Prince George’s counties. We work to deliver our best because it’s what our customers expect and deserve.