Water Service Disruption - D'Arcy Road Water Main Replacement
Wednesday, January 22, 2020 - 8:00 pm until Thursday, January 23, 2020 - 5:00 am
OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Laurel, MD - January 22, 2020: WSSC Water will be replacing a large water main at the intersection of D’Arcy Rd. and Ritchie Rd. The work will take place starting Wednesday, January 22, 2020 - 8:00 pm until Thursday, January 23, 2020 - 5:00 am. Customers in the area will experience a loss of water service or low water pressure during this time.
The area impacted is shaded in blue below.
If our crews are unable to complete this work because of inclement weather (heavy rain, snow, etc.) or we experience technical issues, it will be rescheduled for Thursday, January 23, beginning at 8:00 p.m. through Friday, January 24, at 5:00 a.m. Though not expected, work may extend beyond these hours if necessary to complete the repair.
We will have a water station in the parking lot of the North Forestville Community Center, located at 2311 Ritchie Road, on Wednesday, January 22, 2020, from 7:00 p.m. until 11:00 pm.
How to prepare:
- Store water for short-term use; use clean glass or plastic jars for drinking water.
- Do not wash clothes during this time as they may become stained.
- When water pressure is fully restored, you may experience discolored water or have air trapped in your water lines, learn more here - https://www.wsscwater.com/discoloredwater
If the discolored water persists after running your cold-water lines for five minutes, please report it to the Emergency Call Center at 301-206-4002 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to expect:
- Lane Closures: Work will take place at the intersection of D’Arcy Road and Ritchie Road. Motorist are encouraged to plan ahead and expect intermittent lane closures in the area immediatelysurrounding the work zone. Traffic will be reduced to one lane. Safety cones will be in place to keep the work zone safe.
- Additional Noise: Generators, air compressors, road saws and large maintenance vehicles are needed to complete this work.
- Home Access: WSSC will ensure residents have access to their homes during work hours.
Follow us online wsscwater.com or social media, Twitter: @WSSCWaterNews, Facebook: @WSSCWater, for updates. We understand the inconvenience these types of projects can cause and we appreciate your patience as we work to upgrade our infrastructure.
WSSC Water is the proud provider of safe, seamless and satisfying water services, making the essential possible every day for our neighbors in Montgomery and Prince George’s counties. We work to deliver our best because it’s what our customers expect and deserve.