Planned Water Service Shutdown in Upper Marlboro
Tuesday, March 31, 2020 - 9:00 am until Tuesday, March 31, 2020 - 2:00 pm
OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Laurel, MD - March 30, 2020: WSSC Water will be repairing a twelve-inch leaking water main located at 17011 Village Dr West, Upper Marlboro. The work will begin on Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 9:00 AM through Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 2:00 PM. Though not expected, work may extend beyond these hours if necessary.
Village Drive West
As a result of this work, residents will experience low water pressure or a loss of water service.
We will have a water station located in Patuxent Elementary School at 4410 Bishopmill Drive from 9:00 AM until 2:00 PM.
HOW TO PREPARE
- WSSC Water suggests you store water for short-term use. Water for consumption can be stored in clean glass or plastic jars. Water for other purposes can be stored in sinks, bathtubs, laundry tubs, coolers or pots. Please make sure that large containers of water are not accessible to children.
- When your water service is restored, you may experience discolored water or have air trapped in your water lines.
- Discolored water may not be aesthetically pleasing, but it is safe. However, WSSC Water does not recommend using discolored water to do laundry, as clothes can become stained.
- After water main repair work is completed in your area, flush the COLD-water lines in your home or business using the following steps:
- Run all COLD water taps for about five minutes or until the water runs clear.
- Begin with the lowest faucet in your home or business and then open the other faucets one at a time, moving from your lowest floor to your highest.
- Once the water runs clear, usually in five minutes or less, turn off your faucets in the same order, lowest to highest.
- You should also flush your refrigerator's water lines.
- • If the discolored water persists after running your cold-water lines for five minutes, please report it to the Emergency Call Center at 301-206-4002 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Road Closures Safety cones will be in place to keep the work zone safe.
- Additional Noise: Generators, air compressors, road saws and large maintenance vehicles are needed to complete this work.
- Home Access: WSSC Water will ensure residents have access to their homes during work hours.
Follow us online wsscwater.com or social media, Twitter: @WSSCWaterNews, Facebook: @WSSCWater, for updates.
We understand the inconvenience these types of projects can cause and appreciate your patience as we work to provide safe, seamless and satisfying water services for our customers every day.
WSSC Water is the proud provider of safe, seamless and satisfying water services, making the essential possible every day for our neighbors in Montgomery and Prince George’s counties. We work to deliver our best because it’s what our customers expect and deserve.