Water Service Disruption - New Orchard Water Main Replacement
Tuesday, March 19, 2019 - 9:00 pm until Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 5:00 am
OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Laurel, MD - March 18, 2019: WSSC will be connecting a new water main to our system. This work will take place starting Tuesday, March 19, 2019 - 9:00 pm until Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 5:00 am. Though not expected, work may extend beyond these hours if necessary to complete the repair. As a result of this work, residents will experience a loss of water service or low water pressure during this time.
DIRECTLY IMPACTED STREETS INCLUDE:
Carriage House Lane
New Orchard Place
|New Orchard Drive
How to prepare:
Store water for short-term use; use clean glass or plastic jars for drinking water.
- Do not wash clothes during this time as they may become stained.
- When water pressure is fully restored, you may experience discolored water or have air trapped in your water lines, learn more here - https://www.wsscwater.com/discoloredwater
If the discolored water persists after running your cold-water lines for five minutes, please report it to the Emergency Call Center at 301-206-4002 or email@example.com.
What to expect:
- Lane Closures: Motorists are encouraged to plan ahead for lane closures, on New Orchard Drive, from Harry S Truman Drive to Castlewood Drive. Safety cones will be in place to keep the work zone safe.
- Additional Noise: Generators, air compressors, road saws and large maintenance vehicles are needed to complete this work.
- Home Access: WSSC will ensure residents have access to their homes during work hours.
Follow us online wsscwater.com or social media, Twitter: @WSSCWaterNews, Facebook: @WSSCWater, for updates. We understand the inconvenience these types of projects can cause and we appreciate your patience as we work to upgrade our infrastructure.
WSSC Water is the proud provider of safe, seamless and satisfying water services, making the essential possible every day for our neighbors in Montgomery and Prince George’s counties. We work to deliver our best because it’s what our customers expect and deserve.