WSSC Commissioners to Select New Chair and Vice Chair at Monthly Meeting
Commissioners Scheduled to Vote on FY 2019 Operating and Capital Budget
OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Laurel, Md. – June 19, 2018 – WSSC Commissioners are scheduled to select a new chair and vice chair at their monthly meeting tomorrow at WSSC’s headquarters in Laurel. The meeting will start at 10 a.m., is open to the public and available via livestream directly from WSSC’s website.
Commissioners also will vote to approve WSSC’s Fiscal Year (FY) 2019 operating and capital budget of $1.4 billion. The budget calls for a combined 4.5 percent increase in water and sewer rates, resulting in an additional $2.04 per month ($6.12 per quarter) to the average residential customer bill. The new rates take effect July 1, 2018.
Highlights of the FY 2019 budget include:
- $99.9 million to replace approximately 45 miles of small diameter water mains
- $64.7 million to replace approximately 20 miles of small diameter sewer mains
- $40.7 million to replace large diameter water mains and valves
- $40.3 million to construct the Piscataway Bio-Energy Project
- $27.7 million to continue implementation of advanced meter reading infrastructure
- $23 million to complete upgrades to the Potomac and Patuxent Water Filtration Plants
- $7.8 million to complete upgrades to Duckett and Brighton Dams
- $8 million to continue the rehabilitation of WSSC’s 60 water storage facilities
The complete agenda, including links to each presentation, can be found on WSSC’s website.
WSSC Water is the proud provider of safe, seamless and satisfying water services, making the essential possible every day for our neighbors in Montgomery and Prince George’s counties. We work to deliver our best because it’s what our customers expect and deserve.