Upper Marlboro Customers May Experience Water Pressure Changes This Weekend
Sat., March 17, 2018, 9:00 p.m. - Sun., March 18, 2018, 5:00 a.m.
OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Laurel, MD - March 14, 2018: WSSC is replacing a large water main on Leeland Road. Customers may experience lower than normal water pressure beginning Saturday, March 17, 2018, at 9:00 pm until Sunday, March 18, 2018, at 5:00 am.
We will make every effort to avoid a complete loss of water service, however, we will be establishing a water station, starting at 7:00 pm, which will be located at the Beechtree Community Center, 15511 Beech Tree Parkway, Upper Marlboro, MD 20774.
Helpful tips for this temporary loss of water pressure:
- Consider storing water in advance for short-term use.
- Drinking water - clean glass or plastic containers.
- Other purposes - sinks, bathtubs, laundry tubs, coolers or pots, and pans.
- Make sure large containers of water are not accessible to children.
- Do not wash clothes during this time as they may become stained.
- If you experience stained clothing as a result of this event, contact the Communications Office at 301-206-8100 or by email at email@example.com to request Rit Rust Remover free of charge
- When water pressure is fully restored, you may experience discolored water or have air trapped in your water lines. See flushing video to the right.
Follow us online wsscwater.com or social media, Twitter: @WSSCWaterNews, Facebook: @WSSCWater, for updates. We understand the inconvenience these types of projects can cause and we appreciate your patience as we work to upgrade our infrastructure.
For 100 years, WSSC has proudly served the citizens of Prince George’s and Montgomery counties – providing drinking water that has always met strict Safe Drinking Water Act standards and protecting the environment through vital water resource recovery services. Our vision is to be THE world-class water utility, where excellent products and services are always on tap.