Service Interruption - Intersection of East University Boulevard and Wayne Avenue
Thurs., October 11, 2018, 9:00 p.m. - Fri., October 12, 2018, 5:00 a.m.
OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Laurel, MD - October 10, 2018: WSSC will be conducting repairs to a 16-inch valve at 449 East University Boulevard near the intersection of East Wayne Avenue and East University Boulevard. This work will take place starting Thursday, October 11, 2018, at 9:00 p.m. until Friday, October 12, 2018, at 5:00 a.m. Though not expected, work may extend beyond these hours if necessary to complete the repair. As a result of this work, residents will experience a loss of water service during this time.
We will be establishing a water station, which will be in the parking lot of the Long Branch Community Center at 8700 Piney Branch Road from 7:00 p.m. until 11:00 p.m.
- Traffic - lane closures may cause delays during these hours. Safety cones will be in place to keep the work zone safe.
How to prepare:
- Consider storing water in advance for short-term use.
- Drinking water - clean glass or plastic containers.
- Other purposes - sinks, bathtubs, laundry tubs, coolers or pots, and pans.
- Make sure large containers of water are not accessible to children.
- Do not wash clothes during this time as they may become stained.
- If you experience stained clothing as a result of this event, contact the Communications Office at 301-206-8100 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request Rit Rust Remover free of charge
- When water pressure is fully restored, you may experience discolored water or have air trapped in your water lines. See flushing video to the right.
What to expect:
- The use of generators, pumps and large maintenance vehicles will be necessary to complete this work which may result in additional noise during these hours. Residents will have access to their homes during working hours.
Follow us online wsscwater.com or social media, Twitter: @WSSCWaterNews, Facebook: @WSSCWater, for updates. We understand the inconvenience these types of projects can cause and we appreciate your patience as we work to upgrade our infrastructure.
WSSC Water is the proud provider of safe, seamless and satisfying water services, making the essential possible every day for our neighbors in Montgomery and Prince George’s counties. We work to deliver our best because it’s what our customers expect and deserve.