18500 Montgomery Village Avenue Water Service Interruption
Thurs., May 24, 2018, 10:00 p.m. - Fri., May 25, 2018, 8:00 a.m.
OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Laurel, MD - May 24, 2018: WSSC will be conducting repairs to a 16-inch valve at 18500 Montgomery Village Avenue near the intersection of Midcounty Highway and Montgomery Village Avenue. This work will take place starting Thursday, May 24, 2018, at 10:00 p.m. until Friday, May 25, 2018, at 8:00 a.m. Though not expected, work may extend beyond these hours if necessary to complete the repair. As a result of this work, residents will experience a loss of water service during this time.
We will be establishing a water station, which will be in the parking lot beside CVS at 19100 Montgomery Village Avenue from 7:00 p.m. until 11:00 p.m.
- Traffic - Far-left travel lane.
How to prepare:
- Consider storing water in advance for short-term use.
- Drinking water - clean glass or plastic containers.
- Other purposes - sinks, bathtubs, laundry tubs, coolers or pots, and pans.
- Make sure large containers of water are not accessible to children.
- Do not wash clothes during this time as they may become stained.
- If you experience stained clothing as a result of this event, contact the Communications Office at 301-206-8100 or by email at email@example.com to request Rit Rust Remover free of charge
- When water pressure is fully restored, you may experience discolored water or have air trapped in your water lines. See flushing video to the right.
What to expect:
- Motorists are encouraged to plan ahead as lane closures may cause delays during working hours on Montgomery Village Avenue.
- The use of generators, pumps and large maintenance vehicles will be necessary to complete this work. Residents will notice a significant increase in noise during working hours.
Follow us online wsscwater.com or social media, Twitter: @WSSCWaterNews, Facebook: @WSSCWater, for updates. We understand the inconvenience these types of projects can cause and we appreciate your patience as we work to upgrade our infrastructure.
For 100 years, WSSC has proudly served the citizens of Prince George’s and Montgomery counties – providing drinking water that has always met strict Safe Drinking Water Act standards and protecting the environment through vital water resource recovery services. Our vision is to be THE world-class water utility, where excellent products and services are always on tap.