WSSC Opens Satellite Office in Prince George’s County
New Satellite Office Will Help Streamline the Permitting and Plan Approval Process for Commercial Developers in One Central Location
OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Laurel – July 1, 2015 – WSSC and Prince George’s County have officially opened WSSC’s satellite office at Prince George’s County Department of Permitting, Inspection and Enforcement (DPIE). The satellite office will enhance the “one-stop-shop” concept at DPIE to better support the economic development and redevelopment projects in the county.
The new WSSC satellite office will provide customers dealing with private new development or redevelopment projects support and coordination to facilitate the process of obtaining WSSC water and/or sewer plan approvals and permits.
The satellite office is now open at Prince George’s County Department of Permitting, Inspections and Enforcement located at Inglewood Center III - (IC3) 9400 Peppercorn Place, Largo, Maryland 20774.This office is staffed by members of WSSC’s Development Services Group, including a Project Manager Supervisor and a Project Manager. The office hours of operations are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. and Wednesday 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. The office closes for lunch every day from 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Below is a list of services available at WSSC’s Prince George’s County satellite office.
- Coordinate WSSC approvals necessary for building permit release.
- Review electronic water- and/or sewer-related plans:
- Systems Extension Permits
- Site Utility Plans
- Minor Site Utility Plans
- Hydraulic Analysis
- Planning Commission Preliminary Plans
- Provide guidance and information regarding permitting processes.
- Joint WSSC and county staff consultation of construction projects and development.
- Joint WSSC and DPIE issue resolution as part of the development subdivision/site plan approval process.
- Manage service connections and/or plumbing permits electronically via the e-Permitting system once the system is operational.
Payment of water bills cannot be processed at this location. WSSC will continue the same payment process:
- In person at WSSC Headquarters in Laurel
- By phone - 301-206-4001 or 1-800-634-8400
- Online – wsscwater.com
- Mobile App – WSSC Mobile
For additional payment information visit the WSSC payment options page on our website.
For 100 years, WSSC has proudly served the citizens of Prince George’s and Montgomery counties – providing drinking water that has always met strict Safe Drinking Water Act standards and protecting the environment through vital water resource recovery services. Our vision is to be THE world-class water utility, where excellent products and services are always on tap.