WSSC Opens Satellite Office in Montgomery County
Part of Effort to Streamline the Permitting and Plan Approval Process for Commercial Developers
OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Laurel – March 13, 2015 – WSSC General Manager Jerry N. Johnson and County Executive Ike Leggett recently announced a partnership between Montgomery County’s Department of Permit Services (DPS) and WSSC to enhance the “one-stop-shop” concept at DPS to better support economic development and redevelopment projects.
The new WSSC satellite office will provide customers dealing with private new development or redevelopment projects support and coordination to facilitate the process of obtaining WSSC water and/or sewer plan approvals and permits.
The new satellite office is now open at Montgomery County’s Department of Permitting Services located on the second floor at 255 Hungerford Drive in Rockville. This office is staffed by members of WSSC’s Development Services Group, including a Project Manager Supervisor and a Project Manager. The office hours of operations are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and closing for lunch from 12:00 p.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Below is a list of services available at WSSC’s Montgomery County satellite office.
- Coordinate WSSC approvals necessary for building permit release.
- Review electronic water- and/or sewer-related plans:
- Systems Extension Permits
- Site Utility Plans
- Minor Site Utility Plans
- Hydraulic Analysis
- Planning Commission Preliminary Plans
- Provide guidance and information regarding permitting processes.
- Joint WSSC and county staff consultation of construction projects and development.
- Joint WSSC and DPS issue resolution as part of the development subdivision/site plan approval process.
- Manage service connections and/or plumbing permits electronically via the e-Permitting system once the system is operational.
Payment of water bills cannot be processed at this location. WSSC will continue the same payment process:
- In person at WSSC Headquarters in Laurel
- By phone - 301-206-4001 or 1-800-634-8400
- Online – wsscwater.com
- Mobile App – WSSC Mobile
For additional payment information visit the WSSC payment options page on our website.
WSSC Water is the proud provider of safe, seamless and satisfying water services, making the essential possible every day for our neighbors in Montgomery and Prince George’s counties. We work to deliver our best because it’s what our customers expect and deserve.