Six WSSC Video Productions Win International Awards
Two Platinum, Two Gold, Two Honorable Mentions
OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Laurel – May 8, 2012: The Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (WSSC) has received six prestigious honors from the Hermes Creative Awards for a variety of video productions.
WSSC was honored with two Platinum Awards for a pair of videos featuring the Commission’s mobile app, WSSC Mobile; two Gold Awards for public service announcements promoting WSSC’s Can the Grease initiative in two different ways and two Honorable Mention Awards, one for an educational video showing customers how to detect toilet leaks and another for a website video instructing food service establishments about the proper way to clean an outdoor grease interceptor.
Hermes Creative Awards is an international competition for creative professionals involved in the concept, writing and design of traditional and emerging media. Hermes Creative Awards recognizes outstanding work in the industry while promoting the philanthropic nature of marketing and communication professionals.
The Awards are administered by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals (AMCP). The international association consists of several thousand marketing, communication, advertising, public relations, digital media production and freelance professionals. AMCP oversees awards and recognition programs, provides judges and awards outstanding achievement and service to the profession.
Select from the links below to view WSSC’s award winning videos.
- WSSC Mobile Part I – An overview of the WSSC mobile app’s key features
- WSSC Mobile Part II – Highlights the mobile app’s “Report a Problem” feature
- Can the Grease PSA – A look at the negative impact of grease in the sewer system and on the environment.
- The Feasty Boys & WSSC Can the Grease – The irreverent cooking duo helps WSSC spread the “Can it, Cool it, Throw it Away” message
- WSSC Shows You How to Check for Toilet Leaks – A step-by-step guide to detecting a leaky toilet
- WSSC’s FOG Team Shows You How to Properly Clean an Outdoor Grease Interceptor – A video for food service establishments with outdoor grease interceptors
For 100 years, WSSC has proudly served the citizens of Prince George’s and Montgomery counties – providing drinking water that has always met strict Safe Drinking Water Act standards and protecting the environment through vital water resource recovery services. Our vision is to be THE world-class water utility, where excellent products and services are always on tap.