What Constitutes an Infraction?
The most frequently cited items are work without required WSSC permits and the required inspection of the permitted work.
Another very important issue that we deal with on a frequent basis is plumbing or gasfitting work being installed by unlicensed individuals.
Violations and Penalties are defined in the WSSC Plumbing and Fuel Gas Code under Section 108. Please check for the latest edition of the Code.
In order to protect yourself here are a couple of key things to look for:
- The WSSC Licensed Plumber or Gasfitter should be able to show you their WSSC License
- Written contract or proposal is a must.
- Prior to the installation the licensee is required to discuss all permit and inspection requirements prior commencing work.
- Have them show you the WSSC Permit.
- Beware of cash only transactions, get a receipt showing the company and WSSC registration number for the master.