E-Z Pay is a convenient way to have your billed water and sewer charges directly debited from your checking or savings account. An automatic debit is scheduled on the same date as your bill payment due date.
E-Z Pay enrollment ensures your payments will be timely posted and you will not incur late or disconnection fees.
Complete the authorization form and return it to WSSC with a voided bank check. The bank account number on the voided check will be the account from which your water/sewer charges will be paid.
WSSC "E-Z Pay" Rules and Regulations
1. Authorization: Submitting this completed application authorizes WSSC to make your quarterly, monthly, or non-routine water/sewer bill payments by transferring funds from your bank account to WSSC.
2. Disclosure: The law requires your bank or financial institution to provide you with detailed disclosures explaining your rights and obligations regarding the automatic funds transfer. E-Z Pay participants should carefully read the information their bank provides.
3. Confirmation: Your bill for water/sewer services and fees is your written notification of the transaction. The total outstanding balance printed on the face of the bill will be transferred from your bank account on the due date indicated on the bill. On the top of the bill stub and in the bill message, you will be notified that the E-Z Pay payment option is in effect. Bills generated prior to your successful enrollment must be paid by manual check, money order, credit card, or cash.
4. Implementation: Initial set-up for direct debit takes about four 4 weeks. Automatic debiting should begin within the NEXT 2 billing periods. If an E-Z Pay message does not appear in the message portion of your bill, the charges must be paid through check, credit card, cash, or money order. If the E-Z Pay message is not reflected on either bill, please contact a Customer Care Agent at 301-206-4001 or contact us online.
5. Payment Date: If your scheduled transfer date falls on a weekend or legal bank holiday, the withdrawal will occur on the next regular business day.
6. Transfer Errors: Check your bank account to verify the date/amount of any of WSSC’s automatic transfers. If an error occurs, contact your bank and the WSSC.
7. Variable Payments: Based upon the services billed monthly/quarterly, under the terms of this agreement, it is understood that WSSC payments may vary. Unlike car or mortgage direct debit payments, water and sewer services fluctuate from billing period to billing period. This authorization allows WSSC to adjust the amount drafted from your bank account to accommodate changes in usage and charges. If you receive multiple bills in one billing period, or a bill amount is extraordinary, immediately contact a Customer Care Agent at 301-206-4001 or contact us online.
8. Customer’s Cancellation Option: To stop an existing or future debit, or to permanently terminate this agreement, contact WSSC and your financial institution at least ten (10) days prior to the direct debit date.
9. Unpaid Transfer Requests: If your bank returns a transfer without payment, WSSC has the right to assess a reasonable fee equal to the fee charged for returned checks. The E-Z Pay participant is then immediately responsible for payment in full and the unpaid transfer fee with a bank check. If the bank does not honor the transfer request, participation in the E-Z Pay program is immediately terminated. Applicants may reapply after a six-month suspension period.
10. WSSC’s Cancellation Option: WSSC reserves the right to cancel this agreement if one transfer is returned unpaid for insufficient funds OR if the E-Z Pay participant does not otherwise comply with this agreement.
11. “RoundUp” Option: WSSC’s “RoundUp” program offers customers a convenient way to contribute to the Commission’s Water Fund. The Water Fund helps our customers who are struggling to pay their past due water and sewer bills. Our ratepayers can now round up their bill payments to the nearest dollar with the extra change being donated into the Water Fund.