This is an executive level position reporting directly to the Commissioners. Individual performs the duties of the Corporate Secretary as prescribed by statute and as specified in the laws governing the WSSC. The incumbent plans, directs and coordinates the efficient disposition of all matters related to the business activities and functions of the Commissioners' Office. The individual also directs and supervises the administrative support of the Commissioners' Office and is responsible for record keeping as directed by statute and by governing documents of the WSSC.
Pursuant to the Public Utilities Code, this is a non-merit system, at will position.
- Manages the daily operation of all matters related to the conduct of business in the Commissioners' Office;
- Exercises discretion and judgment in the facilitation and timely delivery of substantive, sensitive information related to matters under consideration;
- Supervises direct report(s) including selecting or recommending selection, training, assigning and evaluating work, counseling, and disciplining;
- Facilitates compliance with the Maryland Open Meetings Act by: notifying the public about Commission meetings; ensuring that meetings, with certain exceptions, are held in public; and by creating, preserving, and making available, meeting minutes and recordings of meetings in accordance with the Act's requirements;
- Ensures the records of the Commission Office and Commissioners are maintained as required by law and made available when required by authorized persons;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Proven research and analytical skills;
- Excellent (effective, clear and concise) oral, written and presentation skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently;
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with Commission employees at all levels as well as with private citizens and organization/agency/government representatives outside of the Commission staff;
- Knowledge of laws, ethics policies and regulations which may affect the Commission and its operations; and
- Ability to use standard office technology and associated applications.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Law degree;
- 5 years of progressively responsible corporate governance experience working with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Experience with WSSC's business operation.
- Prior experience as a Corporate Secretary.
NOTE: Position open until filled
Interested in this Position?
To apply for this position, follow How to Apply instructions. Please forward one application for each position and clearly identify the job requisition
number of the position for which you are applying. You will be contacted directly if selected for an interview.