This is a non-merit, employment-at-will contract position.
Manages the Customer Contact Center support operations and provides day-to-day oversight and management of the Interactive voice Response System, Customer contact center applications and other related systems.
- Supervises employees including selecting or recommending selection, training, assigning and evaluating work, counseling, disciplining, and/or termination or recommending termination;
- Manages all aspects of Customer Contact center support operations, including plans, implementation, deployment, support and maintenance functions;
- Ensures timely, accurate, and complete assistance to WSSC employees in accordance with set Service Level Agreements and IT procedures;
- Works closely with Call Center and IT staff/management to analyze and optimize call center operations;
- Gathers requests and makes recommendations for technical and policies and procedures;
- Implements technology using IT¿s Project Management methodology;
- Performs other duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong experience in setting up a skills-based call center including vectors, VDNs and the design of CMS reports;
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills;
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to effectively interact with clients, staff, and management teams.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor¿s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business or related field.
- 8 years progressively responsible customer call center systems support experience that includes 5 years managing technology teams;
- Experience with call center systems design, implementation, and reporting;
- Experience in administration of Avaya S8xxx series Media Servers, Media Gateways, Avaya AES (Application Enablement Services), Avaya CCE (Contact Center Express), Avaya CMS (Call Management System), and Avaya Modular Messaging;
- Experience managing Avaya Voice Portal IVR application for self service;
- Experience with systems that maintain center call flow using vectoring, announcements and switch programming;
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Completion of the Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission Financial Disclosure Statement within 30 days of employment and annually thereafter.
- ITIL Foundation level or higher certification;
- Proficiency in data technologies such as QoS, routing and switching, and in protocols such as H.323, SIP, QSIG, RTP and RTCP;
- Proficiency in troubleshooting PSTN lines for error detection;
- IT infrastructure experience;
- PMP (Project Management Professional) or similar and extensive project management experience;
- Avaya certifications;
- OpenText Rightfax administration.
NOTE: Position open until filled.
Interested in this Position?
To apply for this position, follow How to Apply instructions. Please forward one application for each position and clearly identify the job requisition
number of the position for which you are applying. You will be contacted directly if selected for an interview.