This is a non-merit, employment-at-will contract position.
Establishes and implements strategic initiatives for WSSC's Information Security (Cyber Security) Program and Compliance (Information Management, Cyber Security, Software Licenses, Change/Configuration management) activities, and the Commission's Disaster Recovery and Incident Response processes.
- Supervises employees including selecting or recommending selection, training, assigning and evaluating work, counseling, disciplining, and/or termination or recommending termination;
- Develops, implements and maintains an enterprise Risk Management;;Information Management Program; and Change/Configuration Management Program;
- Develops, implements and maintains an enterprise Software Licenses, Hardware/Software maintenance compliance Program;
- Performs periodic Information Security audits to identify compliance issues;
- Leads the development and governance of the commission wide ECM strategy;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- In-depth knowledge of Information Security and implementing an information security program;
- Knowledge of Information Security issues related to Industrial Control systems;
- Knowledge of IT governance protocols and current trends;
- Knowledge of Information Management assurance and security;
- Ability to assess risks and implement appropriate controls to mitigate the risks.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field;
- 10 years of progressive Information Technology 6 years' experience managing information at the Director or Program Manager level;
- 5 years' experience Managing and supporting Information Security (Cyber Security) Program and Compliance (Information Management, Cyber Security, Software Licenses, Change/Configuration management) activities, and the Disaster Recovery and Incident Response Planning control methods for a large scale system;
- Extensive knowledge and experience with network topologies, file/application servers, encryption technologies, and network operating hardware and software;
- Experience in the concurrent management of multiple development projects, multiple development managers and a team of developers/analysts/technical staff;
- Experience with forensic software such as Encase, chain of custody procedures for evidence collection and preservation.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Completion of the Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission Financial Disclosure Statement within 30 days of employment and annually thereafter.
- CGEIT or equivalent Governance certification;
- CISSP, CISM, CISA or equivalent Security certification;
- ITIL, and/or Project Management certifications; Understanding of water/wastewater utility operational systems.
NOTE: Position open until filled
Interested in this Position?
To apply for this position, follow How to Apply instructions. Please forward one application for each position and clearly identify the job requisition
number of the position for which you are applying. You will be contacted directly if selected for an interview.