Provides overall direction, including strategic leadership, for all customer relations functions. Plans and directs the activities of the Customer Relations Team. Responsible for focusing on external customers by directing and optimizing call center, billing, collections, customer communication functions and programs. Provides oversight for all related areas of regulatory compliance. On-call 24-hours/seven days a week for responding to customer emergencies.
This is a non-merit, at will position reporting to the General Manager/Chief Executive Officer.
- Manages and provides guidance in the development of policies, programs, and methods for optimal efficiency (i.e., performance indicators, continuous improvement, process analysis, etc.);
- Ensures compliance with all related regulatory requirements;
- Identifies and implements key metrics that support Commission customer service programs; ensures these indicators are aligned with business objectives of workforce planning and customer service improvements;
- Develops and maintains a strategic plan for addressing workforce challenges to achieving customer service level agreements and customer relations operational stability;
- Administers policies covering the billing and collection of water and sewer use charges and the assessment and collection of fees related to the provision of new water/sewer service;
- Provides high level direction and supervision to managers overseeing the call center, emergency command center, billing, collections, and claims; with more specific focus on the operational efficiency of water and sewer bills generation, special bills processing, collections, cancellations, adjustments and refunds;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices for a 24-hour call center operation, billing processes, service level agreements, customer correspondence, and claims processing and resolution;
- Good knowledge of risk management related to claims administration and management;
- Demonstrated knowledge of customer information systems and call center technology.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in business, public administration, information technology, or related field; and
- 10 years of progressively responsible experience in managing and directing call center operations, customer service operations, and related supporting departments; and
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience in billing and collections; and
- 5 years at the level of department head, division head, or senior manager of an operation.
- Valid driver's license.
- Successful completion of a background check that allows access to secure areas of all operations facilities. Clearance that allows access to secure areas of all operations facilities must be maintained for the duration of placement in this job.
- Customer service management in a utility; with greater preference for water and wastewater utility experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of municipal public works planning and administration.
- Possession of a proven track record in leading an organization through business process and culture change efforts to maintain and enhance the organization's competitive position.
NOTE: Position open until filled
Interested in this Position?
To apply for this position, follow How to Apply instructions. Please forward one application for each position and clearly identify the job requisition
number of the position for which you are applying. You will be contacted directly if selected for an interview.