The Human Resources Generalist is a strategic business partner for Team management, helping to build and strengthen the human resources of the organization that will enable the Team to achieve its mission.
- Provides management and employees with counsel and assists management in resolving employee relations issues;
- Provides management and employees with general benefit and compensation information as well as coaching as needed;
- Coordinates the grievance process for both union and non-union employees;
- Assures the effective operation of the performance management system within the Team;
- Researches best practices to ensure that Human Resources policies and practices within the Team are in compliance with state and federal regulations and are responsive to Commission needs;
- Maintains liaison with the Human Resources Office to assure that policy and practice are coordinated with other Commission Teams;
- Performs all tasks and job functions in compliance with regulatory requirements;
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Public Administration or a related area and;
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience in Human Resources, which includes professional responsibility in multiple program areas such as talent management, employee relations, labor relations compensation management, learning and organizational development and/or benefits management.
- Certification as PHR (or if otherwise qualified, must obtain PHR certification within 36 months of employment as an added condition of employment).
- Possession of a valid driver's license with no more than 4 points and the ability to obtain a WSSC driver's permit.
- Master's Degree in a subject area described above
- Prior experience working in a strategic business partner model
- Prior experience leveraging HRMS systems such as Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft
NOTE: Position open until filled
Interested in this Position?
To apply for this position, follow How to Apply instructions. Please forward one application for each position and clearly identify the job requisition
number of the position for which you are applying. You will be contacted directly if selected for an interview.