Oversees, directs and takes the lead in major civil engineering projects. Performs highly responsible engineering work in the field and office; manages, leads and carries out major engineering projects and programs.
- Oversees, directs and leads professional engineers, other engineering personnel and administrative personnel, conducts or leads the study, development and design of a variety of large, complex projects;
- Oversees, directs and leads the preparation of plans, reviews and/or prepares plans, specifications, cost estimates and contract documents for bidding and construction; reviews consultants' and contractors' designs;
- Oversees, directs and leads the development/revision of or develops/revises design guidelines, criteria, standards details and specifications;
- Oversees, directs and leads engineers, senior engineers, and other employees in the study, development, and design of a variety of Commission projects;
- Plans, organizes and oversees a wide range of multi-disciplinary, multi-faceted engineering activities;
- Does related work as required.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Sanitary or Environmental Engineering
- 5 years experience in the practice of professional civil engineering, including 1 year in planning and directing complex engineering projects at the intermediate civil engineering level
- Possession of a valid driver's license and ability to obtain a WSSC driver's permit
- Holder or the ability to obtain CPR, First Aid and Confined Space Entry certifications
- AutoCAD and ArcMap skills
- Professional Engineer registration in the State of Maryland
NOTE: Position open until filled
Interested in this Position?
To apply for this position, follow How to Apply instructions. Please forward one application for each position and clearly identify the job requisition
number of the position for which you are applying. You will be contacted directly if selected for an interview.