Manages, plans, and administers the activities responsible for executing the design for the relocation of water and sewer projects; supervises the unit's relocation staff; manages difficult and complex design projects, reviews and approves complex state and county projects; coaches, guides and supervises project managers in addition to handling their own project management responsibilities.
- Supervises employees including selecting or recommending selection, training, assigning and evaluating work, counseling, disciplining, and/or termination or recommending termination;
- Performs engineering review of consultants' design work;
- Oversees the work of Project Managers who ensure that architect/engineer submittals are in compliance with established Commission guidelines for pipeline designs and other proposed construction by the public and private sector;
- Manages Basic Ordering Agreements for consultant work required as a result of State Highway Administration, Montgomery and Prince George's Counties and small CIP and ESP projects;
- Supervises the review of relocation designs for existing water mains, sanitary sewers, and rights-of-way abandonment;
- Performs other duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of utilities design and construction work; Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of civil engineering design;
- Extensive knowledge of the principles and practices of design project management;
- Ability to supervise work of subordinates.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Sanitary, Environmental Engineering or related field
- 5 years of progressively responsible engineering experience including 3 years of project management experience
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Possession of a valid driver's license and ability to obtain a WSSC driver's permit.
- Professional Engineer registration in the State of Maryland
- Supervisory experience
NOTE:: Position open until filled
Interested in this Position?
To apply for this position, follow How to Apply instructions. Please forward one application for each position and clearly identify the job requisition
number of the position for which you are applying. You will be contacted directly if selected for an interview.