The Project Manager serves in the Development Unit of the Development Services Group with the primary responsibility to review water and sewer extension project designs and provide support during the construction phase, calculate hydraulic adequacy of water and sewer mains, review pump station design, and review preliminary development plans. The Project Manager will serve as lead reviewer in all Development Services Group Developer-Built designs and WSSC-Built designs. The Project Manager may be responsible for high profile and complex projects and is expected to develop the capacity to provide a wide range of review functions in the planning, design and construction phases of the process.
- Manages and reviews developer built water and sewer design projects for design adequacy, constructability, maintainability, cost effectiveness and environmental impact and provides support during construction;
- Performs hydraulic reviews and computations, considering existing and future demands/flows to determine pipe sizing and alignments and available capacity of existing water and sewer systems;
- Performs and interprets hydraulic analyses for basic and moderate-level Hydraulic Planning Analysis studies, amendment requests, onsite reviews, preliminary plans, Service Category Change requests, rezoning requests and other types of hydraulic review, with advancement to complex level reviews;
- Resolves design and constructability conflicts between WSSC project managers and applicants and/or applicant¿s engineer;
- Performs site utility reviews and other functions related to the on-site process;
- Reviews preliminary subdivision plans, detailed site plans, and conceptual water and sewer layouts for developer built projects;
- Performs other duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of water and sewer design including applying standards and specifications
- Knowledge of principles and practices of water and sewer planning, pipeline design and construction work, underground utility construction and inspection, engineering design, and environmental control
- Ability to read water and sewer plans to evaluate the adequacy of design based on engineering principles
- Ability to review a complex water/sewer project for adequacy and constructability
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or related field;
- 4 years of progressively responsible engineering-related experience, including reading plans with profiles, design work, design review, constructability review, hydraulic review, utility construction that includes 2 years of prioritizing, tracking and coordinating multiple projects;
- Completion of the Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission Financial Disclosure Statement within 30 days of employment and annually;
- Experience working with customers and public.
- Experience and training performing water and sewer design and/or constructability reviews;
- Experience performing hydraulic reviews of water distribution and sewer collection systems;
- Registration as a Maryland Professional Engineer or another State;
- Experience using pertinent software applications such as CADD, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, GIS, water and sewer
modeling software such as Bentley WaterGEMS, Bentley SewerGEMS, WaterCAD or SewerCAD.
Interested in this Position?
To apply for this position, follow How to Apply instructions. Please forward one application for each position and clearly identify the job requisition
number of the position for which you are applying. You will be contacted directly if selected for an interview.