Conducts criminal investigations of crimes occurring on Commission property. Conducts investigations aimed at the discovery of employee misconduct that may directly affect the Commission.
- Conducts complex investigations of crimes occurring on Commission property and investigations involving allegations of Commission employee misconduct; prepares comprehensive investigative reports in support of findings;
- Conducts complex law enforcement internal investigations in accordance with the Maryland Law Enforcement Officers Bill of Rights and other applicable laws;
- Testifies in the courts of the State of Maryland, federal court, and in administrative hearings;
- Identifies, collects and documents evidence and facilitates forensic processing and examination of evidence;
- Plans, initiates, and participates in tactical operations;
- Performs other related duties as required.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Maintains standby status during non-working hours
- Work is performed in both the field and in an office environment
- The Investigator performs law enforcement related duties which may include, but are not limited to, physical exertion, exposure to all degrees of weather, variable working hours, and response to high risk incidents
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 6 years law enforcement experience, 4 of which include progressively responsible experience in the field of police investigations
- Completion of the Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission Financial Disclosure Statement within 30 days of employment and annually thereafter
- Possession of a valid driver's license and ability to obtain a WSSC driver's permit
- Currently certified or the ability to be re-certified by the Maryland Police Training Commission as a police officer in the State of Maryland
- Must pass a law enforcement-level background
NOTE: Position open until filled
Interested in this Position?
To apply for this position, follow How to Apply instructions. Please forward one application for each position and clearly identify the job requisition
number of the position for which you are applying. You will be contacted directly if selected for an interview.