Responsible for estimating the construction costs and preparation of engineer's estimates for water and wastewater projects and assisting in the estimating of major projects with a focus on water and wastewater pipelines.
- Provides construction cost estimates from bid-ready engineering plans and specifications for water and wastewater pipeline construction contracts;
- Assists Principal Construction Estimator in cost estimating facility projects;
- Estimates material and labor requirements and prepares cost estimates for projects in the planning, design and construction phase;
- Reviews construction cost change orders;
- Conducts research in the field and in the office for the purpose of updating and validating unit construction costs and/or other cost changes due to market and other conditions;
- Reviews data supplied by engineers, contractors, Project Managers, Contract Managers and Construction Managers;
- Assists the Principal Construction Estimator in change order negotiations;
- Keeps abreast of current prices and costs of construction materials and supplies;
- Maintains and operates a computerized cost estimating database;
- Maintains records and prepares periodic reports;
- Performs other related duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of construction methods, materials, and labor requirements of water and wastewater pipelines sewer;
- Good knowledge of engineering practices;
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret engineering plans, specifications, and contractual documents;
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 2 years of college level courses in construction technology, engineering, and/or drafting
- 3 years of water and wastewater construction estimating experience
- High school diploma
- 5 years of water and wastewater construction estimating experience
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:Completion of the Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission Financial Disclosure Statement within 30 days of employment and annually thereafter.
PREFERENCE(S): Professional Estimator certification
NOTE: REPOST-Those who previously applied need not reapply; Position open until filled
Interested in this Position?
To apply for this position, follow How to Apply instructions. Please forward one application for each position and clearly identify the job requisition
number of the position for which you are applying. You will be contacted directly if selected for an interview.